Why McCall Roofs?
- Family-Owned and Operated
- BBB Accredited
- Angie's List Member
- Premium Materials
- Quality Work
- Complete Clean Up
- 24/7 Emergency Patching
- Free Gutter Cleaning with Every Re-Roof
- Roof Maintenance Programs Available
- Free Estimates
- Free Inspections
- Recycle Roof Waste
- We Work Year-Round
Dallas Weather Conditions:
Incurred Hail or Wind Damage?
WHAT CAN STORM DAMAGE DO TO MY ROOF?
Hail and Wind damage is the primary cause of roof damage. Hail Damage to Asphalt Shingles occurs
when the shingle suffers granule loss or bruising of the matting. Exposing the organic base center
to ultraviolet rays can cause further deterioration of the material, shortening the life by up to 40%.
Wind damage will cause the shingle to break the original seal of the shingle. Many homeowners think
if the shingle is not missing that they do not have wind damage. This is not the case. Therefore, be sure
to have one of our experienced technicians give you your free assessment.
WHAT CAN HAPPEN IF DAMAGE IS NOT REPAIRED?
Storm Damage that goes undetected can cause the roof to leak and possibly cause more damage
in the future. Even if you are not experiencing leaks right now, you could still have significant storm damage
that you are not aware of. It must be identified and addressed promptly to avoid future problems.
COMMON MISCONCEPTIONS ABOUT HAIL DAMAGE
- I can't see damage, so it's probably not worth the effort.
- I don't see any missing shingles and my roof isn't leaking, so I must not have damage.
- My roof is fairly new, so I don't need to call about hail damage.
- I'm worried that my homeowner's insurance premium might go up if I file a claim.
HAIL DAMAGE INSPECTION
McCall Roofs can give you a detailed estimate of the cost to repair your roof, but your
insurance may cover additional damage resulting from hail storms.
As soon as possible after a hailstorm, walk around outside with a pad and pen and make notes of
storm damage. Log the date and time and make your notes as detailed as possible.
- Did you lose power? Did you have to throw away food in the refrigerator/freezer?
- Torn screens?
- Gutters - are they dimpled, broken, split apart at seams?
- Siding - dimpled, torn, hanging loose?
- Garage door - dimpled?
- Windows - damaged or broken?
- Skylights - damages, broken or leaking?
- Condition of furniture and fixtures on patios, porches, decks?
- Damage to exterior lighting fixtures?
- Is damage visible on your A/C condensing unit?
- Check swimming pools, swingsets, fences and all outside decorative items for damage